Urology Treatment in India
Urology Treatment in India
Urologists Diagnose and Treat Diseases of the Urinary Tract in both Men and Women. They also Diagnose and Treat anything involving the Reproductive Tract in Men. Urology is the field of Medicine that Focuses on Diseases of the Urinary Tract and the Male Reproductive Tract.
The Urinary Tract is the System that Creates, Stores and Removes Urine from the Body. Urologists can Treat any Part of this System.
01. Kidneys, which are the Organs that Filter Waste out of the Blood to Produce Urine
02. Ureters, which are the Tubes through which Urine Flows from the Kidneys to the Bladder
03. Bladder, which is the Hollow Sac that Stores Urine
04. Urethra, which is the Tube through which Urine travels from the Bladder Out of the Body
05. Adrenal Glands, which are the Glands located on Top of each Kidney that Release Hormones
Conditions Treated by Urologists in India
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
These often arise when Bacteria Migrate from the Digestive Tract to the Urethra. Symptoms include Abnormal Urination, Pain, Incontinence, Nausea, Vomiting, Fevers, and Chills. It mostly affects Women.
This can result from Damage to the Male Reproductive Tract and a variety of Sperm Disorders. One common cause is Varicoceles, an Enlarged Vein in the Sac beneath the Penis. Surgery can sometimes help.
Damage to the Kidneys can lead to Swelling in the Hands and Ankles, High Blood Pressure, and other Symptoms. If the Kidneys no longer Work Effectively, this is Kidney Failure. Ultimately, it can be Fatal.
A person may require kidney transplants following kidney failure.
Treatment of Cancers that relate to the Urological or Male Reproductive System, such as Bladder Cancer and Prostate Cancer.
The Bladder, Kidneys, Prostate Gland, Testicles, and any other Cancer that Affects the Urinary System or, in Men, the reproductive system.
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) Affects around 1 in 3 Men over the age of 50 Years. An Overgrowth of Cells in the Prostate Gland causes the Urethra to Constrict, leading to problems with Urination.
The Penis is unable to attain sufficient rigidity to fully participate in Sexual Intercourse. This is often a symptom of an underlying condition.
A Fibrous Layer of Scar Tissue develops Beneath the Skin of the Penis. This can lead to Bending or Curving in the Penis (Phimosis) during an Erection that can cause Pain and lead to Difficulties with Sexual Intercourse.
Interstitial Cystitis or Painful Bladder Syndrome
A Chronic Inflammatory Bladder Condition can produce Discomfort ranging from Mild to Severe.
Kidney and Ureteral Stones
Small, Hard Deposits made from Mineral and Acid Salts form in the Kidneys but can pass through into the Ureters. They can affect Urination and Cause Pain, Nausea and Vomiting.
Infection or Inflammation of the Prostate can cause Painful Urination or Ejaculation. It can be Acute or Chronic.
Undescended Testes or Cryptorchidism
Normally, the Testicles form inside the Abdomen of a Fetus and Descend into the Scrotum before Birth. If one or both does not Descend, Sperm Production can be Impaired, and there is a risk of complications.
Scarring of the Urethra can Narrow or Block the Path of Urine flowing from the Bladder. Causes include Infection, Inflammation or Injury. Symptoms include Painful Urination and Reduced Output. It can lead to Complications such as Prostatitis and Urinary Tract Infections.
What Procedures Do Urologists Perform In India?
When You Visit a Urologist, they’ll start by doing one or more of these Tests to find out What Condition You Have:
01. Imaging Tests, such as a CT Scan, MRI Scan, or Ultrasound, allow them to See inside your Urinary Tract.
02. They can order a Cystogram, which involves taking X-Ray Images of your Bladder.
03. Our Urologist can Perform a Cystoscopy. This involves using a Thin Scope called a Cystoscope to see the inside of your Urethra and Bladder.
04. They can Perform a Post-Void Residual Urine Test to find out how Fast Urine Leaves your body during Urination. It also shows how much Urine is left in your Bladder after you urinate.
05. They can use a Urine Sample to Check your Urine for Bacteria that cause Infections.
06. They can Perform Urodynamic Testing to Measure the Pressure and Volume inside your Bladder.
Surgeries Performed by Urologists in India
01. Biopsies of the Bladder, Kidneys, or Prostate
02. A Cystectomy, which involves Removing the Bladder, to Treat Cancer
03. Extracorporeal Shock-Wave Lithotripsy, which involves Breaking up Kidney Stones so they can remove them more easily
04. A Kidney Transplant, which involves Replacing a Diseased Kidney with a Healthy one
05. A Procedure to Open a Blockage
06. A repair of Damage due to Injury
07. A repair of Urinary Organs that aren’t well-formed
08. A Prostatectomy, which involves removing all or part of the Prostate Gland to Treat Prostate Cancer
09. A Sling Procedure, which involves using Strips of Mesh to Support the Urethra and keep it Closed to Treat Urinary Incontinence
10. A Transurethral Resection of the Prostate, which involves removing Excess Tissue from an Enlarged Prostate
11. A Transurethral Needle Ablation of the Prostate, which involves removing Excess Tissue from an Enlarged Prostate
12. A Ureteroscopy, which involves using a Scope to remove Stones in the Kidneys and Ureter
13. A Vasectomy to Prevent Pregnancy, which involves Cutting and Tying the Vas Deferens, or the Tube Sperm Travel through to produce Semen
When Should You See a Urologist?
01. Blood in Your Urine
02. A Frequent or Urgent need to Urinate
03. Pain in Your Lower Back, Pelvis or Sides
04. Pain or Burning during Urination
05. Trouble Urinating
06. Urine Leakage
07. Weak Urine Flow, Dribbling
You should also See a Urologist if you’re a Man and you’re Experiencing These Symptoms:
01. A Decreased Sexual Desire
02. A Lump in the Testicle
03. Trouble Getting or Keeping an Erection
Your Health Starts Here
Get Free Quotes from Top Rated Hospitals and Doctors in India
24/7 assistance on call and whatsapp — +91-9968174432